Monday, October 3, 2016

Woo Week 14

Hola! This week was filled with great spiritual power! First of all Conference was the bomb as usual. I loved the talk by Elder Ballard about less active members. I think it touched a lot of hearts in our ward.

This week my companion and I have been practicing a lot about introducing the Book of Mormon to our investigators by using the introduction. We had a very neat experience with this. Recently we have been teaching a family that owns a tortilleria (By the way, I have decided that the smell of homemade corn tortillas is my all time favorite). We went through the invitation to read the BOM, meditate and apply the doctrine, and pray to Heavenly Father to know if the BOM is true. I love that the Lord always promises specific blessings. They can be found in the final paragraph of the introduction. One of them is to help us prepare for the second coming of Christ.

While we talked about this with Hermana Rosario her face was in shock. She later explained a dream that she had.  At first we were a little hesitant because people always ask us to interpret dreams. But she later expressed that what she understood from her dream was that Heavenly Father sent us to her family so that they could receive the gospel and follow Christ. My companion explained that the BOM is the key of our religion. When we know that it's true, everything else is also true, that the restoration truly happened.

Being the incredibly confrontational person that I am, (it's un chiste), I was uncomfortable but I realized that true correction only comes from the Spirit. I love the quote from Elder Eyring, "The only exhortation that changes hearts comes from the Holy Ghost". That occurs most often as we bear testimony of the Savior who was and is the perfect family member. I have gained a stronger testimony of the BOM. I know its another testament of Jesus Christ and I know it was written for our time. I love you all and your emails mean so much to me.



Gorditas




My reality!




Words of wisdom from my Father: Don't eat the pork.
This picture accurately describes my experience the one time I did eat it!




No comments:

Post a Comment