Friday, July 22, 2016

Stubborn Weeds

Hola! I have officially completed my 3rd week at the CCM. This won't be very long but here are few thoughts that are happening in this crazy Hermana´s brain. A Hermana from my district shared this story:

 "I saw a man watering his weeds. As I was watching him I thought how often do I water my own weeds? Why do I let some little things grow when I need to tend to the things that actually have eternal value?" 

How often do we water those pesky little faults, past transgressions, and regrets?  The resulting despair affects our potential growth.

 Something that helps me a lot is a verse in Moroni 9:25.  Moroni is talking to his son about Jesus Christ and his Atonement for all mankind. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that Christ has gone to the lowest of the low so he can be the safety net that catches us, if we accept his Atonement. We can comprehend the word of the Lord by diligent scripture study and sincere prayer. We have weaknesses and we sometimes use our agency to sin but He ALWAYS reaches out when we have fallen. How selfless is that? 


I guess what I'm saying is that Christ has already done the suffering. All we have to do is use the Atonement and get to work. I'm grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord and the opprotunity I have to share this wonderful truth. 

I would like to invite you all to spend a little more time with the Lord through prayer. I testify that when you sincerely pray you will be able to feel Heavenly Father´s love for you and you will recieve the promptings you need in your life because He loves​​ you and wants to help!

Hermana Herrera






Mi companera and Hna. Schoenfield





It rains every night!





Tall Tale Thursdays is the best! 




No comments:

Post a Comment