Monday, September 19, 2016

Mexico Pollo Norte Mission

Hola! This week flew by! First of all, guess how many times we had pozole this week?  SEVEN, its been grand! This week on the 16th was Independence Day for Mexico. Our ward had a great party with horchata, chalupas, helotes and you guessed it pozole. Our ward is so big we have about 250 active members and 5 missionaries. 

This Sunday Hermana Flores and I had the opportunity to give talks in church. I talked about the Plan of Salvation and also extended the commitment in Doctrine and Covenants 11:19 through 21. I encourage you guys to read it! I also talked about our purpose as members sharing the Gospel. I can tell you how powerful it is when members share their conversion stories with our investigators. I think it really helps them gain confidence and a desire to learn more. 

After the invitation in D&C I love that Heavenly Father always promises blessings. One that I would like to share is actually my mission scripture in D&C 15: 4-6. This includes temple work. I'm grateful for the opportunity to share the gospel with everyone. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed about all the things a new missionary has to learn but something important to remember is that my biggest job is to testify of Christ. That makes it easy because it's the truth! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 

Hermana Herrera


 
Post talk bliss




The crew




Rain, rain, rain!




No comments:

Post a Comment