Monday, November 14, 2016

Sight seeing and ice ice baby

Hola amigos y familia!

This week went so well. Hermana Cervantes and I are really making some great contacts here in Independencia. Also blessings come in small packages. This week was the first time I've had not only ice.... but CLOSE ENOUGH TO SONIC ICE! It was fantastic!  A lady in our ward had some in here freezer and I can't tell you how excited I was.

Something neat that happened was we had a special broadcast from Salt Lake City. Elder Russel M. Nelson spoke about the importance of teaching our families eternal truths and how the temple brings eternal consequences. This was so awesome and a confirmation of our vision here in Puebla for the missionaries. In our past zone conference Presidente Nelson shared that our vision is to help the people have a temple here in Puebla. This touched my soul because I was privileged to work in the San Antonio temple before I left on my mission. My testimony of eternal families is one of the great reasons for coming here and sharing the Gospel. 

A vision is a way that we can accomplish what we desire and is just with the Lord. It is based upon Christlike attributes, doctrine, and testimony. I know that when we have visions or goals we can receive the strength to perseverar hasta el fin, endure to the end. That's why Doctrine and Covenants 58:3-6 is so important. I love you all and want you to know that I have a testimony that we have a loving Heavenly Father. There is a difference between happiness and joy. Happiness is only for a moment (like eating sonic ice or dancing to Abba's Dancing Queen) but joy is eternal. We can only have joy when we follow the example of the Savior.  Have a great week! 



Your Hermana in the work,

Hermana Herrera 



The Mexico City Temple




Dulces in the Centro




Your Hermana!




The Centro is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
It is very colonial!

No comments:

Post a Comment