Monday, April 17, 2017

Birthday wishes completed!

Hello all! 

Lets just say that all my birthday wishes came true! I loved every second of it. Thank you all for the birthday wishes as well!
  
Have you guys heard about the #Princeofpeace video that's on Mormon.org? It is absolutely beautiful and you guys need to check it out. During this time of the year, we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ; that He overcame death and lives for us today! It includes 8 principles that we can apply in our lives to have more peace. 

I think one of the most devastating and common things here in Mexico is that everyone knows about the death of Christ but they don't know or understand that He died personally for them. One of the most beautiful experiences I have here is when our investigators or anyone knows for themselves that Christ is their RedeemerDuring this time and every day we must let Christ in our lives so we can find that necessary peace. I love the scripture in Alma 14:31:

¨Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you." 

There is the promise, you will IMMEDIATELY feel that peace you are silently looking for. Trust in your Father and His son. They know what's best for you and know what you need. I have experienced this over and over in my life. I'm so glad that the Lord is patient and loving in all things. Also that He sacrificed for me so I can come on a mission and preach His word. 

Alberto got baptized on my birthday and the effects are immediate! He is so happy and willing to serve. He is currently helping us with an investigator that has a problem with alcohol as well. It is really cool because he is not ashamed to talk about his past. He´s eager to do so to show people the other side. I think that's how the Atonement works in our lives, that we see our mistakes but not with guilt but a progression. 

When I look back on hard experiences, I can always see the Lord´s hand in my life. It makes me feel so good. God is so good. So when you are feeling down or  distracted, reflect and express gratitude. You will always see His hand in your life. It is that peace that makes all the difference! 

I love you all!
 
Hermana Herrera 

p.s. Don't know why but I'm having major problems sending pictures. We are on a quest to find a new cyber! 

No comments:

Post a Comment