Monday, December 19, 2016

Mole de panza...a great teacher



Feliz Navidad! I cant believe it's almost here! This week I wanted to share a story for my thought.  I learn best from personal experiences and I think my family is going to think this one's a hoot. Last Sunday, Hermana Cervantes and I had the opportunity of trying a soup that had cow stomach in it called mole de panza. I love mole. It's a sauce that has a lot of spices and chile and chocolate. I thought that mole de panza was probably pretty similar but I was wrong. The first few bites weren't bad but the texture was definitely getting to me. I kind of got to a point where if I put it far enough back it could slide down my throat pretty easily.

 As we were eating, I was thinking of a quote that our President likes to say "Every action has a spiritual purpose¨ and I wondered what I possibly could learn from this experience? Then I thought about how probably before my mission I wouldn't even touch this dish. And now? I was willing to eat it out of love for the people here in Puebla. It was a small change in my life, but it was Christlike. 

I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father that sees people as they truly are and their potential. In this experience, I had a change of heart and a willingness to put people first. A quote that means a lot to me and something that I strive to apply here on my mission is by Elder Cornish "If we must compare, compare how we were in the past to how we are today- and even how we want to be in the future." 

This is the invitation that I want to give this week because I know when I made this small change in my life I was automatically happier with myself and had a greater love for The Lord. To close I wanted to share a definition of Grace- because we truly need it in all things. ¨It is through the Grace of the Lord, that individuals, through faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance of their sins, receive strength and assistance to do good works that they otherwise would not be able to do by their own means.¨

Have a Merry Christmas! 

Hermana Herrera 


Our investigator Lucia




Mole de panza




Rebecca stole my plaque

No comments:

Post a Comment