Monday, December 12, 2016

3 seconds to react

It`s the 12th of December and you know what that means.. the birthday of the Virgin de Guadalupe. Fireworks have been going off this whole week. To describe this, I would say I feel like I'm in Hunger Games ( team Peeta).  Other exciting news... HERMANA CERVANTES AND I GET TO STAY IN OUR AREA FOR CHRISTMAS. She is such a great example to me and its a privilege to work with her. 

The reason I put 3 seconds to react is because missionaries are always on a time limit. Sometimes people literally only give you 3 seconds to spit out an answer that makes sense to them. On my mission, many people have asked for us to give their children blessings. When we reply that we can not the response is crazy. Mainly- why are you in a church that diminishes women like that? I have recognized that my immediate response has to be my testimony. We are not here to fight or have conflict but to share the truth. I feel like this is a response we all need to give, to be bold but with love. 

To address the Priesthood subject in general, I fall back on my knowledge that first I am a daughter of God. I have a divine role here on the earth. The priesthood has blessed my life tremendously and I'm so grateful I have it in my home. This knowledge, I believe, comes from searching the scriptures, praying, personal experiences and knowing the importance of developing my own testimony. 

I know this applies to every member of the church because we always have opposition in this life, so we need to be prepared. I'm grateful for the opportunity to share this Gospel. I'm grateful the Lord gave me the opportunity to be a example to all the girls and women in my life, especially my 5 sisters. I know when we share our testimonies, they become stronger and more firm. I love you all! 


Hermana Herrera 



Feliz Navidad! #iluminaelmundo




The members in the ward found out that I'm willing to try new things. This week I tried chapolines (grasshoppers). The news spread like wild fire and I had a taco waiting for me at every appointment. They are not bad! 




Cruising back to my childhood in the back of my Grandpa's truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment