Monday, December 5, 2016

What's your gift to Christ this year?

Hola familia y amigos!

 This week went by so fast. I love being a missionary during the Christmas Season. We have the special opportunity of sharing #lighttheworld through the video and little cards with baby Jesus and Mary. I think that they are amazing and help a lot:) 

Quick thought for you this week. Through my personal study I've been thinking a lot about what gift I want to give Heavenly Father this year. Being on the mission, I have witnessed over and over again the importance of true Christlike service in conversion. I know when we serve others Heavenly Father feels that comfort as well BECAUSE WE ARE ALL SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD. Our relationship with Heavenly Father needs to be our top priority because His joy and glory is through us His children. (Moses 1:39)

Sometimes our prayers can be a little rushed, a little fast and repetitive. I love the description of prayer in the Bible Dictionary ¨Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant but that are made conditional on our asking for them."

With that said how often do we verify with the Lord in our works?  How often do we pray to have his guidance? How often do we tell him we love him? These questions hit me hard and it's something that I wanted to change in my life. I have come to realize that when we go over our day and say that we did all we can, we can feel His love for us.

Something that my Dad said he misses most about his mission is the confirmation of the Spirit that he did all that he could to share His Gospel that day. I feel that same Spirit and it feels me with joy.  I know you guys can feel it also. 

Another cool experience about prayer this week is that Hermana Cervantes and I have been praying specifically to find a new investigator. This Sunday we had stake conference and there were TONS OF PEOPLE. Through the sea of people a sweet old lady seemed desperate to talk to us. She told us that she was starving literally starving to have the Gospel in her life. She had been taking the lessons with other missionaries for a year but did not have the opportunity to get baptized. With tears rolling down her cheeks, she said she was ready. I can not tell you the joy and happiness we felt as we told her that we were her missionaries and we were going to do everything we can to help her. I know The Lord answers our prayers, I know that we can be witnesses of daily miracles and I know the Lord loves His children. I would love to hear your gifts to Heavenly Father. Love you all! 


Hermana Herrera 

The new crew here in Independence




Popocateptl




CHOLULA. There are 364 Catholic churches here. This is by far one of my favorites.




My cute compa on the brink of starvation

No comments:

Post a Comment