Monday, March 6, 2017

8 months and new adventures

Hola familia and amigos!

So first things first, I'm in Nanacamilpa, Tlaxcala. It's a new change but I really like it. My new compa is Hermana Galicia from Queretaro, Mexico. I love her and her love for the people here. I've never realized how much I missed trees and greenery until I got here, like I got teary eyed and everything.. well that's the usual on the mission. It renewed my dream of living in North Carolina one day. 

Something that really stuck out to me are the members here. The bishop has a huge family of 12 brothers and sisters! It reminds me of my big families back home. Our investigators are references of their family members. There is nothing more joyful than helping people have eternal families. It brings me the most joy and it makes the hard things worth it. 

We have the challenge that our church building is about 45 minutes away, so we are trying to get creative with the members to have English classes and family home evenings here in Nanacamilpa. One thing that I have learned on the mission is that FHE is a big deal and works miracles.. It doesn't matter who you are, everyone needs to feel loved. When we have this special time together every week we can be strengthened by the spirit and the teachings of Jesus  Christ. We have stronger relationships with one another and gain a greater vision of what's important in this life. The best part is it doesn't just have to be family! It can be your friends, neighbors or anyone! I will say that the conversions we have had on our mission were all possible because we had FHE with members. It's a great key of conversion, that's how important it is.

I love you all!

Hermana Herrera


New Horizons




The dream team is back again!  Herman Cervantes is my Sister Leader!




The district.  My cute compa, Hermana Galicia, is on my left.

No comments:

Post a Comment