Monday, March 13, 2017

Feel the rain on your skin NANNA

It's cold... like really cold. The rainy season is starting and since we are at high altitude the wind is nuts. I'm doing well and love working here in this small town of Nanacamilpa, Tlaxcala. 

Something that's very hard but very worthwhile on the mission is developing Christlike attributes. This week my compa and I received blessings from our district leader. Mine talked a lot about how important charity is and if I am charitable I will be able to see a lot of miracles in my area. Reflecting on the drive home (our area is about an hour away) I was thinking about what aspect I needed to focus on. I think Heavenly Father wanted to make it clear by sending me an impression with a great flash of lightning at the same time... that I needed to work on forgiving others and forgetting. Lemme tell you guys, forgiving and forgetting are not my forte. I usually just push forward and try to take whatever I can learn from the experience. This is not the Lord´s way and He made that really clear. 

On the mission, there are many people that can do some hurtful things like negative comments and not being supportive, but that's ok because that is why we are here, to represent Christ and to experience a little bit of what He did. But it doesn't have to be painful all the time because we choose happiness and forgiving is a way of feeling that happiness. 

I think one of the greatest miracles I get to see every day is confirmation of the truth or doctrine of the church. I love when my investigators or people we teach know for themselves that Christ is their Savior and Redeemer. I know that I need to have these experiences also because sometimes we need trials to receive greater testimonies of doctrine. Right now, it's my turn to learn and gain a stronger testimony of forgiveness. I invite you all not to avoid hard things but to embrace them with open arms and maybe clenched teeth and let the Lord teach you.

Love you all

Hermana Herrera

p.s. I love this quote about forgiveness by Elder Kevin R. Duncan

"Forgiveness is the very reason God sent His Son, so let us rejoice in His offering to heal us all. The Savior’s Atonement is not just for those who need to repent; it is also for those who need to forgive. If you are having trouble forgiving another person or even yourself, ask God to help you. Forgiveness is glorious, healing principle. We do not need to be victim twice. We can forgive"

No comments:

Post a Comment