Monday, March 20, 2017

Spiritual Eyes



Hola! 

This week was filled with tiny miracles that my heart might explode with gratitude. Sadly, time is short and I'll just share one of my favorites. OK, so my first week here in Nanacamilpa, the bishop said he had someone  very special that he wanted us to meet. It turned out to be his nephew Alberto. I have heard about a mid-life crisis before but I have never really seen one. Alberto was right in the middle of it. I have never seen a man so low on his life before.  We could see that his past actions have had severe consequences. One in particular was his addictions. Alberto was someone that needed to feel the love that his Father in Heaven has for him. 

We have been teaching him these past few weeks, and it's been a very trying and growing experience to everyone that is involved. His progression has been a miracle. He hasn´t drank any alcohol for 2 weeks. He looks and is a new person. Now how is this possible? 

This Sunday, we had a meeting with our president with all the people that are going to be baptized in April. He asked a specific question to the investigators in the room. How have the missionaries helped you develop your faith? All of the sudden Alberto stood up and said: ¨The hermanas and my family first had faith in me. That helped me develop my confidence and knowledge that I am a child of God. They loved me with a love that I think that Christ has for me and it is through these things that I'm standing here and being prepared to be baptized.¨  In other words, the answer is what the bishop told us when he said ¨I want you to meet a very special person.¨ 

I love that and I have witnessed this throughout my mission. When we have testimonies of Jesus Christ and what He did for us, we want to be more like Him. We do this by loving and supporting one another. 

Another cool experience this week was when we did a huge demonstration of the plan of salvation. Hermana Galicia and I had the celestial kingdom. We were in a small room, that had lots of images of Christ. As people walked in, we explained about the requirements and the blessings to reach this kingdom of glory. As Alberto walked in, I could feel that this is where he belonged; that the Lord loved him and wanted him to be here. It's amazing to see that the Lord sees our potential, what we as humans can't see with our physical eyes. But when we desire to come closer to Him and serve the people around us we can receive spiritual eyes that will guide us to do our small part in His great plan.

Love you all and have a great week! 

Hermana Herrera 



My reality!




CELESTIAL KINGDOM!




Alberto in the middle, Bishop (his uncle) on the left and President Nelson



Our tryout for the sister missionary catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment