Monday, January 23, 2017

Fighting physical and spiritual fears

So the trio is still going strong! 


So whats up with all the fear? Lemme tell ya. We started the week getting my blood drawn for some tests. I. hate. needles. but I think it went better that I thought it would.  It's interesting because the mission really helps mold you into a better self so hopefully an hermana with no fear of needles is in my near future. 

Something that I think is my theme for this week is spiritual fears. Something tricky about the wonderful people of Puebla is their tendency of not committing to our commitments. At first, my reaction would be ¨ok um ok try better next time¨ but I learned real quick that that wasn´t what the Lord wanted me to say. 

The process of repentance is specifically for one purpose, so that we can all return to our loving Father in Heaven. Part of the steps of repentance is doing good works.  In case of missionary work that includes completing your assignments. I have come to see that it is important for our hermanas/ hermanos to realize that when we read the scriptures, pray to the Lord and try to do good works we are actually applying the atonement in our daily lives! Sometimes it can be a little new and a little scary but we will always feel the love God and His son Jesus Christ have for us. As I have been doing these small things daily I realize more and more that Heavenly Father truly has all power. 

Sometimes I think that people get a little intimidated by the missionaries, that they are truly "perfect." My friends this is not the case. We need to repent just like everyone else. But I will say that being worthy to be a instrument of the Lord brings great spiritual power in our lives. 

I know that we can all strive to be a little better and feel that power more in our lives so we can fight our fears and do GOOD WORKS.  I would like to end with a scripture in Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Love you all,
Hermana Herrera 

Close enough to Hawaiian sandal tan!







The trio

No comments:

Post a Comment