Monday, August 14, 2017

A teacher that helps save souls


This week was one for the books. I think one of the highlights was definitely our zone conference.We focused on charity and 3 big questions. 1. How is charity defined? 2. What does it look like? 3. How do we live it? 
I think charity is absolutely key to missionary work. People become converted when they can feel the love from the members, from their missionaries and from the Lord. 

I've heard that the only thing that Satan and Christ have in common is that they want us to become like them. So if Christ wants us to be full of charity, Satan wants us to be full of pride. I feel like pride is one of the most powerful tools that Satan uses because it delays the Lord's work. It is very important that a missionary is full of charity, not pride. President Nelson had us kneel down and ask our Heavenly Father what we needed to change to become more charitable. I invite you guys to do the same.

Hermana Nelson gave us this good advice, ¨Beware of pride! Think about the person, not what's gonna come to benefit you but how you are going to help them have a better life.¨

Charity has really impacted me here on my mission. Maybe because I get to serve other people everyday but also that people have served me in ways that I will never forget. I think that charity has made the difference in our teaching as well. In the July 2017 Ensign there is an article that is titled ¨A teacher who helps save souls.¨  It's my go to and I encourage you guys to read it. It says ¨The Saviors whole desire and mission is to save Heavenly Father's children (2 Nephi 26:24)  In our quest to teach as He did, we can learn to be motivated by the same purpose that motivated him.¨

Being a missionary is hard.  You get put in situations that you can't fully understand because people´s lives are just so different and unique. I have often found that the only way that people will get something out of our lessons is that we have this determination to save souls. I think 2 Nephi 33:6-9 helps explain this better,  "I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus..." I hope that I can express the message in order to help save their souls.
The second coming of Christ is coming, do you really believe it? If you believe it than you will do everything you can to help Heavenly Father´s children come into the fold.
Love you all,
Hermana Herrera 



Saying goodbye




Intercambios




It's CHILES EN NOGADA time! It's only for two weeks and they are so good. They are chiles rellenos filled with fruit and cream and toped with an almond sauce and pomegranate seeds.




Mom, I want to buy all of these and take them home to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment