Monday, August 7, 2017

Visitor Center Sister for a day

So for this week, after a really bad case of salmonella, the highlight would be getting the clear to go and work. We had an open house in our stake center. All of the missionaries in our zone were there! The tour started with a cutout of Christ with the voice that they use in the temple visitor centers. The Spirit was so strong! We had a lot of success but it was tough to get people into the church. It reminded me a lot of Lehi's vision of the tree of life. As we contacted people to go in some of them looked embarrassed or ashamed but those who did go in learned something that's so worth it! 

I actually contacted a man that didn't seem interested but I had a strong impression to ask about his health. He softened up and explained that he was going through some serious blood problems. I asked him if he would want a blessing and he said yes and walked right in. After the blessing, he put his name down so the Elders can go teach him! 

But I think the crowning jewel was seeing the Martinez family walk in. We showed them the font and the Elders explained about baptism. It's a moment on my mission that I will never forget. As Hermano Ulysses looked at the font he turned to me and smiled and said ¨ I feel more and more happy every step I take to prepare to enter this font.¨ I said that is called conversion, in other words coming unto Christ through the only way, which is baptism. You are happy because you are aligned with God and His plan for you and your family. 

To close I want to share a quote by Elder Ballard, ¨One important key to happiness is to learn how to set our own goals and establish our own plans within the framework of our Heavenly Father's eternal plan.¨

I know this is true because that's what I'm doing with my life in these moments and I'm happy really happy. 

Have a great week!
 
Hermana Herrera 



Hitting up Krispy Cremes after 13 months. Glory!



Where we start the tour. Visitor Center sisters?



The boards that we displayed



Old friends compa compa

No comments:

Post a Comment