Monday, September 25, 2017

When worst comes to worst, BE LIKE JAIRUS

Hola amigos y familia 

OK OK, I'm doing fine here in Puebla. Yes the earthquake was quite the scare and there is damage. But we are all doing fine and trying to help in the ways we can. Y'all can forget the once in the lifetime post. I can now say that I have felt an earthquake and I did not like it... 

These past few weeks have been quite the ride and I feel like a test of my patience. I think Hermana Romero and I have passed through pretty much everything: piojos, getting locked out of our house 30 min before church, earthquake etc. and the most heart breaking, investigators that are not progressing. Through the midst of all of this I have found myself more earnestly reading and studying the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I can honestly testify that it is helping me become the missionary that Bosques needs right now.
I would like to focus on one of the stories that I am studying which is about the daughter of Jairus. 
Jairus was a respected man of great power. He was actually a ruler in the local synagogue. His daughter was sick and on the verge of death. Jairus knew that the only way his daughter would live is if he asked for Jesus Christ to heal her.
His first step in coming unto Christ was asking for His help, risking his social career.  On the way to Jairus' house, Christ stopped to heal a woman. I love it because it says in Jesus the Christ ¨No intimation is given that Jairus showed impatience or displeasure over the delay; he had placed his trust in the master and awaited his time and pleasure.¨  The was his second step. 

The third step he took was when messengers told him that his daughter had already died and there was no use to ask for Jesus´s help (which surely was his final straw of hope). He seemed to have still looked to the Lord for help, and the Lord answered "BE NOT AFRAID ONLY BELIEVE."
I think in this life we are on the journey of these 3 steps. Sometimes it is easy to accept Christ but we are impatient of His perfect timing. Or sometimes we are super patient until we get hit with our final straw. It is all about our personal progression, unique and usually untimely.
I feel like we go through many different types of trials, like getting locked out of your house at a really bad time or when a earthquake happens and people are not getting the supplies needed to survive. ( Our ward sent out a truck to some smaller towns full of supplies and it was a very hard trip to get it to them) In these times we need to ask ourselves which step we are on... and if we really are going to "BE NOT AFRAID ONLY BELIEVE". 

So Hermana Romero and I are going to keep trying and keep in mind the 3rd step. Because that is where you find life changing miracles. The Lord will raise us and the people around us up, if we believe...

Love you all and thank you for your prayers and concern,

Hermana Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment