Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Wisdom from a Seventy Elder Reyes

Hola! 

So sorry  that I didn't write yesterday. We had interviews with president that went long. There is proof at the bottom!
This week was sooo great. We had the privilege to hear from Elder Reyes from the Seventy because our stake got a new patriarch. He was going to speak on Saturday and Sunday. We had a quick lesson with the Martinez family on Saturday afternoon.  We were enjoying a bit of arroz con leche when they told me that the stake president came with an hermano from Mexico that morning.  I was super confused and then they said  that he was going to speak that night. Then it all clicked and I almost swallowed my spoon. A SEVENTY WENT TO GO SEE THE MARTINEZ FAMILY! 

They told me how he blessed them and their home. The Martinez family shared their news with him that Isis´s mom (the daughter of Ulisses and Yolanda) was going to be baptized because of the change that she saw in her daughter. Also, they gave a gold reference of one of Ulisses´s sons in Mexico City for the missionaries which Elder Reyes is going to personally deliver. Those elders are going to have a field day. It's a family of 8! They also have 2 generations ready for the ward temple trip in September. My joy was filled!

We had the opportunity to hear from Elder Reyes later that day. He talked about the importance of being prepared and shared the last line in Doctrine and Covenants 38:30 which says that if we are prepared we will not fear. The purpose of this life is to be prepared, prepared to live with our Heavenly Father and His Son again! 

I love the example of Enos. His final statements show that he was really prepared to see his maker again (everyones' goal) And how did he get prepared? The answer is in the final verses of 26 and 27, ¨I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world. And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall REST.  And I will rejoice in the day...¨ 

How do we prepare in the necessary way that Elder Reyes directs? By preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyone is a missionary and we are called to do a great and marvelous work. 

Love you all,
Hermana Herrera 



AXEL, mi hermanito that got baptized this Saturday! It was so great to teach him!
Love him and his family!




Proof that I had interviews this week! President and Sister Nelson



Hermana Romero from the North: Hermosillo, Sonora baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment