Monday, August 29, 2016

Combi, carne, and contacts

Hello! This week has been a little hectic but super great. Something that stood out to me this week is the importance of street contacts. As missionaries, we are encouraged to talk to everyone. This has been a little bit of a challenge but actually kind of fun at the same time. There is a poem that an Elder wrote that I think describes the importance of sharing the Gospel with everyone. 

I have my life
my thoughts, my sorrows
I have my life 
my joys and furies 
I have my friends
That are close to me 
That man over there? 
well, he's just a passerby 
He has his life
his joy his fame
he has his life
his trials and pain
he has his story 
he's a little shy 
I would never know this 
'cause I'm just a passerby 
we all have a life 
and we all have a story 
amazing things to be told 
of passion and glory 
the people we pass
in a blink of an eye 
we need to think 
are they just a passerby? 

Elder Nielson 

I know that when we take the time to share with our friends this precious gift, we can gain a greater appreciation of the Gospel and develop stronger relationships with others. Also, missionary work definitely requires the help of the ward members. I'm extremely grateful for the members in my ward who are always willing to feed us yummy food and join us for lessons.

 
I hope you all have a great week!


Hermana Herrera 



Tacos down the street are the bomb.com




Combis, my greatest enemy! I really don't know how people don't fall all the time.
  It goes from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds.




In front of the church with Hermana Flores




Puebla crew: Hermanas Platt, Robertson, Hemming, Stewart, Zutz, Shoenfield and Elder Sterling




No comments:

Post a Comment