Monday, August 22, 2016

El Campo

Hello! I'm offically in the field. My area is called Independencia 1. Something special about my first day in the field is that its' the same day as my great grandmother's bday. Because of my Mama Rebecca's decision to accept the gospel, I'm able to have the gospel in my life. 

My companera is Hermana Flores and she is from Morelia, Michoacan. Hna. Flores has been so pacient with me and I'm super grateful. I also think that I need to make a rule that you can't be my companera unless you're below my shoulder haha because that seems to be the norm. 

Since we are opening an area, most of this week has been getting to know the members and trying to find investigators. One of our investigators is Miguel Angel and his 3 sons. They work at a cemetary so we usually have our lessons there. Yesterday, we were talking about the commandments. Miguel had some pretty great questions and we had a great conversation. One of his questions was, why do we have to be obedient to all of Gods commandments? This is something really important and to some degree I think we all struggle with. I love a quote from Elder Uchtdorf about this, "Obedience, it is the process by which we discover what we truly are made of. " Sometimes being obedient is hard, it's against the natural man. I know when we are obedient we can have a closer relationship with Heavenly Father. 

I hope you all have a great week. I love you all.

Hermana Herrera 


My teacher in the CCM




Vaca




Hermana Flores 




Love my CCM district and teachers




No comments:

Post a Comment