Monday, May 22, 2017

The feelings that we remember

Hello! 

This week was full of learning new things! For example, we had our zone conference and our main topic was baptizing converts so we were all ears. A couple of missionaries went up to the front to talk about their conversion stories. It was so interesting because everyone said that they didn't remember a thing from their lessons. In fact they were very confused but they felt something that told them that this was good, to have confidence in the Lord, and to just keep going. That was the motivation that helped them make the decision to be baptized. 

So what's the key? The small whispers of the spirit. And how do we recognize it? with our feelings. Something that everyone wants to talk about ;) And what should the missionaries/ members strive to do? Help others have this relationship with their Heavenly Father. People have already said it, people don't remember much about the lessons. But they remember the feelings that help them come unto their Heavenly Father and brother Jesus Christ. 

Hermana Hernandez and I have been putting this in practice and it has been changing our lives and our investigators.  I feel like many people have this comment or past experience, "I have prayed to God and I asked for something that I needed. But I didn't get anything back. I didn't get my answer or explanation. He wasn't listening. How do you explain that?¨ I'm sure everyone has felt that way sometime in their life. 

I know that the desire is real, but maybe the faith is lacking. When we ask our Heavenly Father through prayer for anything there are things we need to do specifically. These steps are found in Moroni 10:3-4 

1. We must ask who? We must ask directly to our Eternal Father in the name of Christ. 
2. ¨If these things are not true.¨ This applies to the Book of Mormon and your personal doubts/ doctrine of Christ or needs at the moment. 
3. "Ask with a sincere heart and real intent." What does sincere mean to you? And real intent? Note that they are 2 different things.
4. "Having faith in Christ." Remember our faith is only faith after it is tested. 
5. "He will manifest the TRUTH of it unto you by the power of the Holy Ghost" If we want wisdom and truth of the Lord, a confirmation of His plan or an understanding of our part in His plan, this is how we should pray. 

A final thought: My heart goes out to the Schroeder family. Gage was a really great boy. I remember all the good times in Guaymas. You all are in my prayers and thoughts. I hope and testify that finding that necessary peace to move forward is through heartfelt prayer. I know that Heavenly father has a perfect plan and that we need to confide in it. It takes a lot of effort and faith, but He will never leave us alone. 

I love you all and encourage you guys to pray in this way. It has changed my mission.

Love,
 
Hermana Herrera 

No comments:

Post a Comment