Monday, October 16, 2017

CHAOTICNESS if that's a word

Hola amigos y familia! 

Its your Hermana here freezing her socks off in Tezoquipan, Tlaxcala. This week was in one word chaotic. I have only opened an area once when I came here on the mission so it's all a new experience. But I have learned the importance of listening to the Spirit and fasting and praying really hard. I will say that the ward is really supportive and anxious to work.
Hermana Ruiz is sooo great and special.The love for my daughter is real💜 Her testimony strengthens me everyday in the chaoticness... if that's a word. She´s like a sponge always soaking up the good. Our studies are something that I'll treasure forever! They really help us have the strength to get up and going without any idea what's going to happen.... hmm I gotchu Nephi.  

We were able to have a baptism this past Saturday. Her name is Rosa and she is so wonderful! She is the first to be baptized in her family and she has 7 children that we will get to teach. I know her example means a lot.

Actually funny story, so we decided to pass for a family so they could go see what a baptism looks like. It's a young father with his 2 kids. At first sight one of the boys was the perfect image of Mowgli from the jungle book. Therefore I call him Mowgli. Anyways Mowgli was following us from a distance. I turned around every 5 seconds to check if he was still there. When we almost got to church, I turned around and poof he was gone. I now understand how my mother felt when we lost David at the zoo once. Also I have major respect for my aunts... I know Whetten cousins are all Mowglis. We all began searching for Mowgli and found him a few minutes before the baptism buying a coke... classic. 

To close with all the craziness, I would like to share this scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 123:17 ¨Therefore dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power, and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of God and for His arm to be revealed.¨

These are the days to prepare for Christ´s coming. We need to do all that we can. I'm so grateful for parents who have taught me to do the best I can always. So thanks for your prayers! 

Until next week,
Hermana Herrera

I owe you guys some photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment