Monday, October 23, 2017

On our feet and moving with faith

Okay week 2 down here in Tezoquipan. We are on our feet and moving with faith. This week was a special one for me. I was able to understand a little bit more about the atonement. We had to go to Puebla to a meeting with the new missionaries. Our president focused a lot on the atonement.  We read Alma 7:14-15 and talked about what everyone knows about Jesus, that he suffered pains and afflictions and died on the cross for us. But there is a whole other deeper perspective that people don't understand. In fact the people that scratch the surface of understanding are the people that depend on the atonement to get through their trials. 

The other side of the atonement is letting Jesus Christ train and edify you.  It means being completely dependant on someone that loves you and won't let you fall. President turned to the new missionaries that can't speak Spanish and told them in a powerful testimony you can do this! The Lord will not let you fall if you accept His help! This struck me hard because I know that it is true! My training time was one of the most difficult times of my life. But I'm grateful for it because I became a better person with the help from the perfect person, my Savior.  I look back not with bad feelings or remorse but with gratitude. 

This week we saw a lot of miracles. I'll just share one more thing that happened on Sunday. There is a mom and her daughter who have been going to church for the past month. They both want to get baptized but were lacking the permission from her husband. We went to go visit them and I saw him and guys he was huge! Like taller than me and that's hard to find! We talked about the importance of baptism by sharing the Book of Mormon. Then after that I asked him how he felt about his wife and daughter getting baptized. Honestly I don't even remember what I said all I remember is him saying yes. HUGE MIRACLE! We were able to put dates for November. The Lord helps His missionaries complete their callings. 



Here is mi hija holding a screaming pig like her mother asked her to do




Me carrying a giant bunny, almost as difficult as the pig




The Popocateptl volcano having some smoke




No comments:

Post a Comment